Call For Demos
The 12th International Conference on Network of the Future (NoF) is inviting authors to submit original contributions in the area of Future Internet design, with emphasis on enabling and cutting-edge technologies from the perspectives of specification, design and analysis related to network of future architecture, applications, services, management, scalability, standardization, business and legal aspects, just to name a few.
NoF 2021 Demo Sessions aims at offering a venue for the latest breakthroughs in the topics of interest of NoF 2021 to be presented live and discussed with the audience. Demos ranging from working prototypes, novel applications and ground- breaking ideas to live experiments in the areas shaping future networks are wel-come.
We also encourage demos from industrial researchers.
The conference aims at providing a forum for researchers, students, and
professionals to exchange ideas, share their experiences, and discuss their
research results around a single-track of technical sessions and a series of
NoF 2021 will take place at the University of Coimbra in Portugal.
The conference will be designed and prepared as a hybrid event allowing
registrants the choice to participate either virtually or in-person. In the case
of perduring traveling restrictions (official or de facto) during the conference dates due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be ready to convert the conference to a fully on-line event.
*** Topics of interest ***
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- 5G/6G networks
- Virtual networks
- Overlay networks
- Wireless networks and cellular networks
- Wireless sensor networks
- Access, metro, backbone and core networks
- Vehicular ad hoc networks and intelligent transportation systems
- Mesh and ad hoc networks
- Internet of Things networks
- Information-centric networks
- Enterprise networks and campus networks
- Time-sensitive networks
- Data center networks
- Optical networks
- IP networks
- Home networks
- SCADA networks and distributed control systems
- Smart Cities and Smart Grids
- Resilient networks
- Quality of service and traffic engineering
- Network Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Reasoning
- Network Data Analytics, Anomaly Detection, Feature Extraction
- Network automation and orchestration
- Autonomic, Cognitive and Intent-based Networking
- 5G/6G Network Architecture, Services and Protocols
- 5G/6G Control and Management Architecture
- 5G/6G Functional Decomposition and Composition
- Advanced 5G Infrastructure Slicing and Radio Slicing
- Scalability and multi-tenancy in 5G/6G
- Network Programmability and Softwarization
- Protocols for Ultra-Low Latency and Ultra-High Reliability
- Fog, Edge and Multi-Access Computing
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) and High Availability
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and Orchestration
- Service Function Chaining and Virtual Network Embedding
- Big data and Fast Data Processing and Management
- CDN Architectures and Network Cache Allocation Schemes
- Advanced multimedia and real-time communications
- Performance, Optimization and Resource Dimensioning
- Security, Trust and Privacy
- Use of Blockchains in Networking and Servicing
*** Submission guidelines ***
Prospective authors are invited to submit Demo proposals in the form of a 3-page paper in IEEE conference double-column format, preferably incorporating a demo system architecture illustration. The proposal should also include:
- a motivation of the demo;
- a clear statement of what will be demonstrated, key networking concepts that are involved and the specific contribution with respect to related work;
- what NoF 2021 attendees will experience during the demonstration, possibly with visual outcomes to highlight the interest of the demo;
- relevant references, in particular if the demo is related to a paper being sub-mitted in the main conference;
- the demo setup and technical requirements.
Authors are also encouraged to optionally include in the paper submission a link that opens a quite short (1-3 min) video illustrating the demo and its scope.
Demo papers must be submitted electronically through EDAS in PDF format only at https://edas.info/N28072
For specific details about submission format and procedure, please check:
Demo papers will be peer-reviewed and accepted proposals will be included in the conference proceedings provided to NoF 2021 attendees and will be subsequently submitted to IEEE Xplore.
At least one author of each accepted demo proposal is required to register to NoF 2021 conference and present the demo at the scheduled demo session.
*** Important dates ***
- Demo Paper submission deadline: July 19, 2021
- Demo Paper acceptance notification: July 30, 2021
- Camera-ready Papers: August 30, 2021
*** Demo Co-Chairs ***
- Federica Paganelli (email@example.com, University of Pisa, Italy)
- Paulo Simoes (firstname.lastname@example.org, University of Coimbra, Portugal)